Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Break

This week the kids are on Spring Break. It has been an ideal week so far and we have been outside for a lot of the week. I worked in the yard while the kids played for most of Monday and Tuesday (except for a short trip to Target on Monday to spend allowance that was burning a whole in every one's pockets).
Today, Gretchen and I decided to trade "child care" for "kid free errands". I took Gretchen's kids for 2 1/2 hours in the morning. The kids were supposed to play outside, in the woods and on the playground. They were supposed to burn energy and then when it was hot in the afternoon they were going to watch a movie at Gretchen's. They didn't quite get the plan. They were in and out of the house and spent more time inside drawing at the table than running around outside.
At noon, we met Gretchen at McDonalds. She took my van on her errands and I brought her van (a 12 passenger) to McDonalds with all 10 kids. The kids had a big time. After McDonalds she took them all home and I ran off to do some errands.

I went to get a hair cut and run to the grocery store. Malachi took a nap at her house and the other kids watched a movie. It was a fun day for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment