Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sandbox Birthday

Today is Malachi's birthday and we decided to get him a sand box. Every day of the summer last year, Malachi and Ezra went outside and dug in the dirt. I figured if we could get a sandbox that he could stand next to, he wouldn't get so dirty playing in it. All of the table sandboxes were very expensive, so I decided to build my own.
I filled a big plastic box with sand and placed in on 4 cider blocks. He loves it.
As for staying clean, he still managed to get sand in his hair and his shoes.
But he loves it! Happy Birthday Malachi!
He and Ezra played in the sand box for 6 hours. Yes, you read that right, 6 hours.

1 comment:

  1. I just filled up our sandbox with some fresh sand...all the kids played in most of the afternoon, but Katherine especially loved it. Happy Birthday to Malachi and great idea on the make your own!

    ReplyDelete