Saturday, August 14, 2010

11 years

Today is our anniversary. We are not doing anything too exciting--in our tradition. But at some point we will go out to eat to celebrate.

11 years ago I had the privilege of marrying one of the best guys on the planet. He isn't perfect--believe me, I know that full well--but I am so thrilled with him just the way he is.

Jon is loving, thoughtful and helpful. He is so others-centered that he never does anything "out of selfish ambition" and I can truly say that I have never in our 11 years of marriage and 10 months of dating heard him criticize or speak unkindly about someone else. He sees a lot of horrible and ugly things in his role as a counselor, but he doesn't judge anyone friends, acquaintances or clients (at least out loud where I can hear it.) He understand that we all our sinners and sin is affecting all of our lives and he judges no one.

He loves me (and others) through his actions and is always willing to go out of his way to do things for me. This is hard when you are a selfish person, because I could easily take advantage of him -- so I try to watch myself.

Jon wants to grow in the Lord and to serve Him foremost. He keeps his eyes from evil and his feet on good paths. I am so thankful for his desire to become more Christ-like.

I could go on and on, but no one would believe that all the good things I could say about him were true--but believe me they are. Once again I say, I know he isn't perfect, but he is a gem.

I am so thankful that God gave him to me and that get to be part of his life and his family (who are also gems).

No comments:

Post a Comment